- On the macOS host machine, open VMware Fusion Preferences ( VMware Fusion | Preferences... )
- In Display selection, set Single Window to "Resize the virtual machine and the window" and Full Screen to "Resize the virtual machine and the window". See figure below for reference.
- In VMware Fusion, select the machine in the library ( Window | Virtual Machine Library )
- In Virtual Machine Library, select the macOS guest VM then select Virtual Machine | Settings...
- In System Settings area, select display icon
- Then in Display, select Use full resolution for Retina display
- Power up the macOS VM and install VMware Tools
- Once tools installation is complete, open terminal and type
- Logout and log back in
- In the VM System Preferences | Display, select Resolution to Scaled and the resolution marked HiDPI.