Quick one liner to get Windows BIOS serial number.
This only works for Windows operating system. Clip only works with Vista or later versions. Note that the output contains the string "SerialNumber" and the value. I wish I new just to return the value.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Saturday, June 02, 2012
I tried to connect to a remote location using Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client (v 2.2.0140) using Windows 8 Release Preview but failed with error message "The VPN client driver has encountered an error."
Does this indicates that the client application is not compatible with Windows 8, at least for now? There is a workaround though. Following are the steps to make it to work.
- Open Registry Editor (like type regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vpnva
- Locate key DisplayName, like mine shows @oem3.inf,%vpnva_Desc%;Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows
- Change it to Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows
- Close then open Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client. Retry to connect. It should work from here on.